Monday, January 3, 2011

Starting Up Again

My Love and I just resumed DD today. We tried it for awhile in 2002 and I honestly don't remember what caused us to stop. It might have stopped when we moved.

Anyway, we have pondered going back to DD off and on for the last 6 years. Our return was motivated by a few factors: (1) I need to lose weight for health reasons and have not really been successful in losing weight over the last two years, and (2) My Love, who prefers I call him that instead of "Sir," is actually the stay at home parent and I work outside the home as an executive - we need to rebalance our marriage relationship and DD helps with that.

This morning, I received 23 swats with a hairbrush and 3 with a paddle. The 23 were one for each pound I need to lose. The other three for a very small "maintenance".  My Love requested that I count each swat, which became more and more of a challenge with each one.  The last 3 with the paddle really, really stung and were a challenge for me.  On the second one, I wilted a bit but quickly resumed position.  I came near tears, which had never happened in 2002. I was then instructed to remain in position until told otherwise.  I'm not sure how long I stayed that way, but I did as I was told.  It felt like a long time, but I'm sure it didn't last as long as it felt like it did.

I was shocked by how thankful and humbled I felt afterwards. In a way, I was proud of my normally gentle, calm Love for assuming the role.  He says it's a role he will have to grow into.  I was also surprised by the renewed energy I had throughout the day and by how giddy-in-love I felt with him all day.

As I reflect on this morning's experience, I am hopeful My Love will not be lenient, because I know I will try to test the limits. I am deeply thankful he is willing to discipline me. I am a little ashamed that I need a spanking to help me do what is best for me, but it's a fact.  Nothing else seems to motivate me, and I'm thankful My Love is willing to help me reach my goals.

We are using a "training period" for the first three weeks, and I am both hopeful and tentative about that. Over the weekend, we came up with possible ideas for a training period and we created the rules for our arrangement.  I do not know which parts of the training period My Love will employ - he says I will know when I need to know. I'm thankful he is embracing authority like this.

Our rules are pretty simple and are based on things that I need to work on:
- be on time (I'm always late and have already broken this one today)
- do not lose keys, journal, cell phone, etc
- balance checkbooks by noon each Friday and keep bills current
- ask for permission before spending more than $20
- take medications daily by 9am
- keep bedroom and closet clean and organized
- work out at least 3 times a week for 30 or more minutes
- no questioning my husband's authority and my punishments
- always respect and obey my husband. No arguing or sass
- keep a journal for food eaten, meds taken, punishments received

We will have weigh in procedures each Monday that will result in spankings if I haven't lost at least a pound, and we also have maintenance spankings each Friday.


All of this may sound strange to someone not into Domestic Discipline.  Years ago, it would have sounded strange to me too.  However, I've learned that it is just part of who I am and what I need.  If it doesn't work for you, that's ok.  I respect that.  If it does, c'mon over to the blog anytime and walk this journey with me.

2 comments:

  1. Little Miss,

    I just stumbled upon your blog and look forward to reading it. I love how you call your Husband "My Love."

    Serenity

    ReplyDelete