Thursday, January 6, 2011

Implements

My husband is so good about being a measured, intentional person.  This morning, we talked before my maintenance spanking (which turned into a punishment spanking...) for about an hour.  One of the topics that came up is that he is learning which implements are more punishment in nature and which are less severe.  Once he determined that something I said to him in passing was actually something that needed to be punished, the maintenance session was postponed and I was spanked for about 20 minutes with his hand and with each of the implements currently in our box (the ones used for that event have a * next to them).  My post-spanking assignment today is to write a reflection on each implement so he can begin to create a ranking system of sorts for his reference.  Later today, I was given a maintenance spanking and told to continually update this post as new implements are tried (additions are embedded in the severity order and are noted with the date added).  The descriptions below are listed in order of severity (and my preference!) with the most mild first.

Hand*
Today's first swats were with My Love's hand. The feeling of his hand can vary greatly depending upon the force used and the specific area spanked.  I'd say it was about a 7 out of 10 in the moment today but the hand's swats do not necessarily stay with me for long. Sometimes a spanking with the hand ranges more in the 4-6 range. When my sit spot was spanked, it hurt a great deal.  Part of why it hurt more there is that the spot is still tender from previous spankings I have received this week. Spankings given by the hand in a series of short, quick, less hard swats really have their own nearly-bring-me-to-tears affect while harder smacks delivered one at a time seem more like punishment.  I am always thankful when My Love chooses to move his hand around my bottom and/or sides of my bottom rather than spank the same spot over and over (which is more intense and painful).

Gluestick*
When I saw this suggestion the CCDD website, I thought it sounded so silly.  A gluestick?  Really?! I found the longer (about 10" or 12") glue sticks at Michaels and brought them home thinking this would be a pretty harmless option that I would welcome. However, I now understand why it is used.  It stings, stings, stings, STINGS like a dickens and it is VERY quiet.  My husband mentioned today that it may be a good option for evening spankings, although I would be expected to not be as verbal or loud in reaction to it.  I will really try if it comes to that, especially knowing that making noise if I've been told not to will only result in more severity one way or the other; however, it stings so much that the vocal reaction is non-voluntary.  I would say that during a session, the gluestick is about an 8 but it most certainly does not stay with me.  The sting fades and the pain is very surface level. I don't think it leaves marks for more than a few minutes either.


Belt (added 1/6 after maintenance, edited and moved 1/24) The belt is an interesting experience—it really depends which belt is used.  I definitely feel punished and spanked by the belt. However, my own belt didn't really sting or have a hard and deep thud.  I'd rate my own belt a 5 or 6 depending upon intensity and where on my bottom it lands.  Somehow, the “easier” belt seems to be the one that brings me closest to tears (I have yet to fully cry from a spanking). My husband did not like the feel of my belt - it was too unwieldy for him.  Our new belt, one of his, is harsher and more manageable for him.  It is probably a 7 and it leaves marks.  It stings more than mine did and hurts more too.

Board (added January 6 after maintenance spanking)
The board is a "brother" to the plank, but it is wider and shorter.  It's sting was not as intense as the plank although the thud factor was pretty deep.  It is kind of hard to rate it, because I encountered it about an hour or so after a long punishment spanking and immediately after and intermittently alongside a hand spanking for maintenance.  My Love was not wielding it with the same intensity that he uses with the plank, so my rating may be affected by that too.  I'm guessing it has the potential to bruise if used strongly enough.  It's a 6 or 7 based on the experience I had with it today, but that might change if it is used more strongly...not that I'm requesting that!   It was also very effective and nearly brought me to tears when My Love used it in a series of quick, repetitive swats.

Bat*
Why in the world did I think it was a good idea to pick up the mini bat at Hobby Lobby when I saw it yesterday?!  The bat was also probably an 8 out of 10.  It is longer and more narrow that the brush, so it strikes both cheeks at once and covers a larger area.  It has a stronger thud factor than the brush and stings a bit less than the brush.  Since we have only used it today and that use was combined with other implements, I do not know how long the swats with the bat stay with me.

Brush*
The hairbrush stings AND hurts.  The impact penetrates more deeply.  I would say this is the second more severe implement in our current collection (after the stick).  The brush focuses usually on a concentrated area and also has a force to it that is a hard thud.  This week, I have noticed that the swats with the brush stay with me for quite awhile - even up to 24 hours. During the spanking, the brush is probably an 8 out of 10. The hairbrush makes my bottom sore and I am reminded throughout the day that I have been spanked.

Plank*
I have determined that I HATE the plank. It is definitely a punishment implement and I'd give it a 9 or 10 out of 10.  It is about 18" long and is basically a 1" thick, 1.5" wide piece of treated outdoor lumber.  It really hurts deeply and stays with me the longest of any of the implements. It leaves marks that last 24-48 hours and the soreness remains even after the marks fade. While there are likely implements that could be worse, I really can't imagine anything worse than the plank.

Riding Crop
(added 1-24-11)
Sir pointed out to me today that I have not yet written up a "review" on the crop.  It HURTS!  It almost always stings and its force is focused on a small area, because there is a 1.5" x 2"leather flap at the end of the crop.  The crop is made of leather and is probably about 2-3 feet long and maybe 1/2 inch in diameter. Having never received a spanking with just the crop, it is hard to know what its own lasting impact is.  My guess is that it is long-lasting.

Cane (added 1-24-11)
Sir pointed out today that the cane had not yet been listed as an implement.  After a caning this afternoon, Sir was putting it away and accidentally snapped it in two. As the worst of all implements, I can't say I was particularly disappointed in this news.  The cane was bamboo, about 1/2 inch in diameter, hollow, and VERY quiet.  It packed quite the punishment, however.  It's sting was like no other and it landed across both cheeks, leaving day-long (or even two day-long) raised welts. It was definitely a 10 out of 10.  RIP Cane - I hope nothing ever replaces your impact.

3 comments:

  1. Wow. D & I have been looking for an implement that would offer a quiet punishment, and the glue stick sounds interesting. I hadn't heard that before either! We'll give it a go. :)

    I'm enjoying your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a nice summary to have.

    The cane should be rattan, not bamboo. Bamboo splinters, which can be dangerous. You should look a bit harder for one that is made properly.

    Your comments about the belt are perceptive. I use one that I call the "punishment belt" because it is thick and relatively heavy, as well as a lighter one that I can use more for sensation.

    Maybe you can revisit this subject after you've spent more time with these and see if your perceptions have changed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmm....the cane very well may have been rattan and not bamboo. I just assumed it was bamboo. Thanks for the insights, though!

    It would be interesting to revisit my summaries in the future. Great suggestion.

    ReplyDelete