Saturday, January 8, 2011

Well, crud.

Earlier this week, My Love agreed to shift the bank reconciliation expectations to Saturday at noon.  He was very gracious about it.  So what have I done this morning?  Slept in, read a bunch of blogs, checked email, agreed to go to the gym at 11 and left myself with 40 minutes to reconcile a number of accounts.

 Update at 11:10am.  Well, all is reconciled but I'm now 10 minutes late for being ready to go to the gym (which I agreed to do this morning at about 9).  I still have a little clean up left in Quicken on our accounts that will take about 10-15 minutes, but the technicality of all being reconciled was met.

I really need My Love to help me with prioritizing and procrastination.  Crud. Those might take awhile to conquer.

Update #2 at 7:50pm. This afternoon, My Love came upstairs as I was finishing various details in Quicken (which took longer than the 10-15 minutes I thought it would).  He looked at the clock, but didn't say anything.  I caught his eye and said, "I know.  It's all I could think about during my workout today."  He breathed a heavy sigh and said, "What do you suggest we do about this?"  I explained that I agreed I needed to be punished.  I also offered that perhaps an additional workout, at a time of his choosing, should be expected of me this week.  He agreed and said, "Well, it will be a long wait until Monday when the punishment spanking happens."  Yuck.  Yes it will be.

We also talked about the prioritizing and procrastination issues.  I suggested that if I continue to get into pinches because I am on the computer, then a password known only to him will be added to my laptop and he will manage my computer time.  If my prioritizing and procrastination occur in non-computer ways, then my time may be managed more in other ways like bedtime or closer oversight.

As much as I would hate for things to come to this, I really am thankful that My Love is willing to help me with my challenges.  These are my ideas and are for my own good.  Really, all in all, I am a lucky girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment